Thursday 11 September 2014

Mini Twist Extensions

So I was feeling for some braids. Now I know havana twists and box braids are all the rage right now but I wanted braids (or rather twists) that I cud style easily and that were lightweight. I decided that I would do some mini twist extensions using Bijoux Realistic New Jamaican Bulk Hair.

I shampooed and conditioned my hair and plait it in a few big plaits all over my head. I allowed it to dry overnight. The next day, I got started on my twists. 

Here is the first twist:


Here is the first row complete:


Some more twists done:


And finally complete.




This style took me a total of 12 hrs to complete. I also braided my hair into 10 plaits and curled the ends with cold wave rods and dipped them into boiling hot water in order for them to be curly. A little time- consuming and labour- intensive but totally worth it. This style lasted me 2 months, with just redoing the perimeter of my hair every few weeks.

Bonus pic. When I got a little bored with my hair I decided to add some blonde hair to this style.


And here is my Youtube video of how I achieved this hairstyle. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment